About Stephen Koduah
Academic Level Degree Bachelor
Age 48 - 52 Years
My name is Stephen Koduah from Ghana.
- Financial Accounting and Financial management
- Ledgers, Journals, and Accounting standards
- Auditing and Taxation
- Decision making and Analytical skills
- Management and Administration
- Budget and decision making
- Written and oral communication
- Sales and logistics
- Cocoa bean sourcing
- Value chain
2021 - Present
JOKOF ROYAL ENTERPRISE, Kumasi, Ghana
• Managing overall operations as well as delegating and directing agendas.
• Formulation of plans, policies and strategies.
• Ensure the implementation of policies and strategies.
• Oversees design, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of programs, products
• Monitoring & evaluation and performance appraisal.
2010 - 2020
COCOA HEALTH & EXTENSION DIVISION-GHANA COCOA BOARD, Dadieso, Ghana
Principal Technical Assistant/Community Extension Agent. May 2014 – Nov 2020
• Performed cocoa extension duties on cocoa production and sustainability within my operational area.
• I organized and facilitated Farmer Business School (FBS) training, including basic bookkeeping and other relevant record keeping.
• I sensitized on child labor, additional livelihood, environmental degradation and reforestation.
• Coordinated and collaborated with Government agencies, Banks, Private Businesses, Non-Governmental Organizations, and Ghana Cocoa Board partners on value chain and supply chain.
• Liaised with cocoa farmers for cocoa swollen shoot virus disease control.
• Wrote daily, weekly, and monthly report as well as annual situational report.
Administrative Clerk. Nov 2010 – April 2014
• Read and analyzed incoming memos, letters, and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution electronically and manually.
• Answered customer questions, provided information, took and processed orders and addressed complaints.
• Managed Petty Cash; prepared budget, waybills, invoices, reports, memos, letters, vouchers and other documents.
• Managed, coordinated and supervised sales activities as well as built and nurtured sales teams
• Managed and supervised Cocoa Disease and Pest Control (CODAPEC) project effectively and efficiently which led to a decrease in blackpod disease by 70% and insect pest on cocoa by 67% within the district.
• Coordinated other district operational activities, and ensured effective monitoring and evaluation across all the departmental activities.
2003 - 2010
COCOA MERCHANTS GHANA LIMITED, Kumasi, Ghana
Port Officer. September 2005 – Oct 2010
• Managed and performed general administrative and financial duties at the port.
• Prepared port budget, managed petty cash and discrepant funds, and ensured effective monitoring and evaluation.
• Prepared ledgers, invoices, VAT, waybills and receipts. With my initiative, all these documentations were shifted from manual to computerized system.
• Promoted from Assistant Port Officer to Port Officer within 2 years and awarded due to exceptional performance and organizational impact (3 years ahead of schedule).
• Identified, planned and implemented measures and steps to speed up port operational procedures which resulted in reduction of cocoa rejection and discrepant cost by 75% at the port.
• Comprehensive weekly and monthly report writing.
District Manager. July 2003 – August 2005
• Managed and oversaw the entire district operations, including administration, finance, purchasing, sourcing, and logistics management.
• Analyzed and processed data from purchasing clerks (PCs) and used the outputs to guide district operations and purchasing strategies.
• Prepared ledgers, journals, financial statements, bank reconciliation, cashbook, and other relevant documents.
• Identified, developed and implemented internal control and quality control systems which resulted in reducing cost of operations and losses by 35%; and increased purchasing volumes by 45% of total metric tonnes at the district within a cocoa season.
• Managed, coordinated and supervised the distribution of logistics and Seed funds at the district among the purchasing clerks.
• Submission of weekly returns, monthly and annual report.
2001 - 2003
JAMILAASOAH ENTERPRISE, Dunkwa, Ghana
• Managed and oversaw the entire business operations across all branches, including administration, finance, and logistics.
• Prepared invoices, ledgers, journals, financial statements, payroll, vouchers, Cashbook and other relevant documents as well as ensuring that the Accounting function operates in accordance with accounting standards.
• Introduced effective customer service, strategically fostered customers’ engagement to maintain, develop, and enhance the company’s relationship with clients to develop strategic partnerships.
• Negotiated well with suppliers for favourable prices, and advised directors for prompt payment for trade discount.
• Formulated, developed, and implemented sales policies and procedures to achieve organizational sales goals. This incredibly improved operational efficiency and increased profit margin by 35% within an accounting period.
• Conducted market research to identify selling possibilities, customer needs, and investigated ways to improve sales volumes, and analysed markets for expansion.
• Prepared budget, sales forecast and target, and ensured effective monitoring and evaluation at all the branches.
• Generated monthly reports to the directors (Proprietors).
Honors & awards